What is DevOps?
DevOps is a software development (and production) practice that involves tight integration between the developers and the IT professionals.
Here is the full definition from Wikipedia.
And here’s Otomato’s definition of DevOps and its main goal:
Doing DevOPs is enabling collaboration, quality and speed of software delivery by:
- Moving from silos to cross-functional delivery teams
- Driving all change through automated SDLC
- Migrating from information flow to automated artefact flow
- Providing verification points and feedback loops
- Providing self-service and transparency